Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Great Human Race...

Many of you know that I am the office woman for Reality Ministries. One really cool thing that I get to do with Reality is be a buddy every Tuesday night. Once a week we have an event called Tuesday Night Live, this is a program designed to provide community and life-giving experiences for people with disabilities in the Triangle area. These nights are full of joy and laughter as we eat pizza together, play silly games, sing praise songs, and listen to a message on Jesus's love.

Over the past two years I have had the privilege of getting to know James at TNL. James is such a happy young man, he loves to play the drum, loves to sing "Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar" and "Go Tell it on the Mountain," he loves to joke around, and loves to listen to G105. He tells me he loves me all the time, he holds my hand, and gives hugs generously. He is radiant and full of pure joy! Hanging out with him is truly a blessing, I can clearly see the face of Jesus in his smile. He has taught me lessons on the power of presence, patience, uninhibited love, participation in what God is doing, and resting on the One that is able.

James and I are going to be walking in the Great Human Race 5k on March 21st. Our hope is to raise money that will go to Reality Ministries, the place where our friendship started. To give visit my race fundraising page.

Thanks for partnering with us in serving young people in the community.

Peace,
Julie

1 comment:

Cook Family said...

SO precious! I love your heart for people! Thank you for challenging me everyday to reach out in love :)