Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Great Human Race...I'm racing for great humans!

I have had the privilege of working with Reality Ministries for over 2 years now. I work with an incredible team of people.

One of the many perks of my administrative job is I get to be a “buddy” at our Tuesday Night Live (TNL) program which is the main event of Reality’s ministry to individuals with developmental disabilities. The heart of TNL is friendship rooted in Christ’s love. The hope is that life-long friendships will be made among participants and volunteers.

Being friends with people with disabilities has changed me. Here is just a taste of the ways Reality Ministries has helped me live out the Gospel…

• COMPASSION…Having friends with disabilities has opened my eyes to the unique way God has created us, making me a more compassionate person. If you look past the things that make us so different you can see we are actually very similar, especially when it comes to our hopes, fears, & dreams.

• CELEBRATION…At TNL we celebrate everything. The big things like birthdays & new jobs and the small things, like what we ate for breakfast & new cell phones are celebrated equally. Joy explodes out of the building. If I look at the world with the attitude of celebration, life is simply more fun.

• ACCEPTANCE…I am completely free to be myself and I am totally accepted exactly as I am. There is no need to impress others or work for acceptance, it is a free gift in this community of friends. Realizing God creatively made each of us in our unique design enables us to give acceptance freely.

I am going to be walking in The Great Human Race with many other Reality volunteers, participants, and supporters. I would love for you to join me in supporting this ministry that holds a very special place in my heart.

I would love your support. For more information on how to give to the ministry that has changed me visit, http://www.active.com/donate/ghr2010/juliewatson. If you would rather write a check, make it out to Reality Ministries and mail it to P.O. Box 242, Durham, NC 27702. And put "Julie GHR" in the memo.

Thanks for supporting my life!

1 comment:

Kelsey Bang said...

what a neat team to work with!